2million - My Journey to Financial Freedom

A Personal Finance Blog      ANNOUNCEMENT:2million has moved to www.2millionblog.com.     

Friday, September 30, 2005

Update on Gas Can Purchase

My tank was on Empty last night coming home from work and I was shocked to see gas prices were headed up. The cheapest price I could find was $2.99/gallon so I opted to drive home and use the "reserve" gas I purchased last week.

Lets see how I made out:
I originally purchased 4.276 gallons. Instead of paying $2.99 as I would have had to do, I purchased it at $2.59/gallon so I saved a net $0.40/gallon for a grand total of $1.71. An unimpressive number especially considering the $6.68 it cost me to buy the 2 gas tanks.

Oh well, maybe next hurricane.

2 Comments:

  • You should be in the UK where the price is about $9 a gallon - then you would have something to complain about!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 PM  

  • nice savings :)

    I Joined to an Online Mall that rebate you 10% on your purchases including GASOLINE... moreover it gives you rebates for the people you recommend the site. I'm making a few dollars from this system, I think you may want to see it.

    The system is totally unknown yet but it will be the biggest online store in United States very soon.

    What do you think about this???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home