2million - My Journey to Financial Freedom

A Personal Finance Blog      ANNOUNCEMENT:2million has moved to www.2millionblog.com.     

Friday, October 21, 2005

Highlights of Benefits Enrollment Package from work

What a wonderful time of the year; football, cool brisk mornings, state fair, and of course benefits enrollment.

I actually don't think I am going to spend much time this year analyzing my choices. I spend a lot of time last year going through my choices and the plans didn't change significantly this year. The only differences I can detect are on the cost side:
-monthly cost is going up $4 for healthcare insurance
-prescription copay is going up $5/prescription
-flexible healthcare spending account is now extended an extra 2.5 mos to 3/15 the following year (this is great news for me, I won't need to be as conservative with my estimates)

Highlight of Benefits:
Health Plans (High Level)
-No Health Plan -(IBM gives you $30/mo)
-PPO - Free
-PPO Plus - $44/mo
-High Deductible PPO w/ Health Savings Account (IBM contributes $500/yr) - Free
-EPO (similar to a HMO) - $52/mo

Some other benefits IBM plans offer:
-Vision Plan
-Dental Plan
-Healthcare Spending Account/ Dependent Care Spending Account
-New employees are offered $150 rebate to sign up as a non-smoker, or enroll in a smoking cessation plan.
-All employees are eligible for a $150 rebate if they complete a fitness diary for a period of 12 weeks showing that they exercised 4 days a week for 10 out of the 12 weeks.
-All employees are eligible for $150 rebate if they participate in a prevention program that involves filling out an online questionnaire and taking actions recommend actions (not sure of all the details yet).
-IBM also allows employees to enroll in a 401k disability protection plan that will continue to make 401k contributions if employee goes on disability.
-IBM also employees to buy up disability from 1/2 to 2/3 salary replacement.


So here are my elections:
-EPO Insurance Plan (similar to HMO)
-Basic Dental
-I am passing on vision plans
-Enrolled in rebates for fitness & prevention
-Enrolled in 2/3 disability insurance
-Passed on 401k disability protection


*Note: Some info listed was what was listed in my package, I don't know if these some/all of these prices/benefits where tailored or standard.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, what a great post. I have found this on a lot of information. Typing speed test software helps you understand how fast and accurate your typing speed is. So check your writing speed with typing speed test.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home