2million - My Journey to Financial Freedom

A Personal Finance Blog      ANNOUNCEMENT:2million has moved to www.2millionblog.com.     

Friday, June 16, 2006

Finalized Temporary Assignment Living Arrangements

Whew! After getting over the sticker shock of rental prices in NY, I have reached an agreement to rent a room for $800/month. This is above the most likely estimate I was shooting for paying in rent, but I think I did better than it initially appears.

Rent includes all utilities - I am not even sure what this would have cost me, but with internet and cable this would have cost me at least $100/mo.

Rent also includes basic furnishings - This is the best part, I was able to convince my employer to give me a $300/mo subsidy in lieu of moving my household goods so the net is $500/mo for rent and utilities. This will be a big help for the budget.

On the downside, it will feel more like living in a hotel room than my home, but I will be saving money and could return home more often on the weekends so I think I have made the right tradeoff without busting my budget.

3 Comments:

  • Good girl. Keep doing that and you will be free soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 AM  

  • All utilities are included in $800/mo? I don't think that's too bad.

    Sure, it's a bit more than you'd pay in the Midwest, but for New York, anything under a grand a month is doing well.

    Just remember, it's only temporary!

    -Grant
    www.TheCornerOfficeBlog.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

  • This article is really fantastic and thanks for sharing the valuable post.
    ----
    descargar mobogenie gratis and apply baixar facebook gratis | descargar mobogenie

    By Anonymous baixar facebook, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home