2million - My Journey to Financial Freedom

A Personal Finance Blog      ANNOUNCEMENT:2million has moved to www.2millionblog.com.     

Friday, June 02, 2006

Buying New Shoes

Maybe Im getting old, but I have one pair of good shoes that I wear day in and day out. After a year, they are pretty much worn out and I need to replace them.

Since I buy the same shoes everytime (getting old and boring I guess), I have been a big fan of Shoebuy.com the last few years. I have been holding off on buying a new pair for awhile because every once and awhile Shoebuy.com comes out with a pretty decent coupon. The coupon, plus no sales tax or shipping costs makes the shoes a steal compared to the same shoes at any local store.

I stumbled across a Memorial Day Coupon good through June 5th, 2006:
20% SHOEBUY coupon: MDAYSALE


I ordered my new Rockport Margins on Saturday May 27th, and arrived on June 1st. I'm all set till next year now ;-).

9 Comments:

  • That's funny. I do the same thing (well, I have two pair of dress shoes, black and brown). My wife gets all over me for it--thinks I should have several. But I'm too cheap!

    By Blogger Jason R. Carroll, at 10:19 AM  

  • where do you "stumble across" these coupons?

    thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

  • I think you should branch out. You can't possibly wear the same pair of shoes with jeans and a suit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  

  • I used to do the same thing when I was younger. Now I feel like Imelda Marcos sometimes! Thanks very much for the great tip on Shoebuy.com and the coupon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

  • Thats true I don't wear the same pair of shoes with suits, but I do not wear suits often so I wear my main pair of shoes everyday to work and most of the weekends.

    By Blogger 2million, at 8:46 PM  

  • Congrats on the new shoes.

    I hope that they serve you well for the next year or so!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 AM  

  • Congrats on the new shoes. We just bought my father-in-law a new pair of Rockports for his birthday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 PM  

  • $2M,

    mail order shoes?
    great idea, but how do you know if they fit?

    regards,
    makingourway

    By Blogger makingourway, at 1:26 AM  

  • Well like I said I am getting set in my ways. I end up buying the exact same pair of shoes since I like them so much so I know the exact size I need and what color I want. Works perfect in my situation.

    If you didn't know exactly what you want I guess its a bit trickier to find the right size - I think shoebuy has a hassle free return policy to get a new size or something - I don't have any experience with it though.

    By Blogger 2million, at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home