2million - My Journey to Financial Freedom

A Personal Finance Blog      ANNOUNCEMENT:2million has moved to www.2millionblog.com.     

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Latest Investments in My Portfolio

I just completed a couple investment purchases. Some stocks are looking very attractive to me and I wish I had additional cash on hand ready to make purchases. Here is what I have recently added to my portfolio:

Company

Ticker

Cost Basis*

Shares

Ebay

EBAY

$504

18.926

IBM (in 401k)

IBM

$2500

33.921

Medtronic

MDT

$500

10.669

Pfizer

PFE

$100

4.358



*Note: I have included transaction fees in my cost basis

4 Comments:

  • Is it really worth it to purchase $100 worth of stock..

    I am looking to purchase some stocks.. Maybe gillette or something like that...

    By Blogger pyroracing85, at 4:45 PM  

  • opps nevermind.. Gillette is owned by P@G...

    and P@G is the compay that has been raisings it's dividends... Hmmm and also been getting a lot of media coverage...

    By Blogger pyroracing85, at 4:47 PM  

  • Well let me frame the $100 - I have a large holding (relative to the size of my portfolio) of Pfizer stock held in the DRIP account. I have been adding to it when I feel like Pfizer is a good buy in small quanities.

    Since there are no transaction costs I see no reason not to invest in Pfizer in small amounts

    By Blogger 2million, at 8:13 PM  

  • AHHH I got ya.... I want to set up a DRIP.... How did you do that? This is my first time investing in stocks as you can see..

    Would you mind helping me out?

    By Blogger pyroracing85, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home