2million - My Journey to Financial Freedom

A Personal Finance Blog      ANNOUNCEMENT:2million has moved to www.2millionblog.com.     

Monday, August 07, 2006

We're Engaged!

I apologize for the lack of posts, my girlfriend and I took a 8-day road trip through the Northeast with stops in the Adirondacks; Quebec City, Canada; Golden Pond in Maine; Cape Cod; and Mystic Seaport, CT. We had an amazing vacation and enjoyed every part of it (except the rain while we camped in Cape Cod).

On our last evening in Quebec City we took a stroll on the boardwalk overlooking the St Lawrence River. At the end of the boardwalk I got down on one knee and proposed to my girlfriend. After dropping and recovering the ring, she said yes and we are now engaged!

Besides all the obvious things about what this means for us, our relationship with each other, and our future together, this is a big change for my (and our) personal finance goals. We have already had some interesting conversations as we begin to scratch the surface on how all of these things will evolve. Stay tuned!

Note: This was the best picture I had of the setting - it was perfect. We both thoroughly enjoyed Quebec City.

14 Comments:

  • Congrats 2million!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:00 AM  

  • Bad financial decision, good life decision ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 AM  

  • Congrtas....If my girlfriend would get a damn job, I'd marry her too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM  

  • Congrats! Keep us posted.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  

  • Congratulations. Wish you for the best.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 PM  

  • Aww, amore. Congratulations. This should provide some more excellent posts on combining two incomes, two different views on personal finance, and of course just great topics as who should pay for the wedding.

    Congratulations!

    By Blogger Frank, at 8:13 AM  

  • Congratulations! Despite what others will tell you, marriage is good for the finances. Shared living expenses, 2 incomes, etc. Kids on the other hand...

    Good luck

    By Blogger Danielle, at 12:27 PM  

  • I have mixed thoughts on marriage and finances. In my case my fiance is a school teacher and doesn't love her job, but she is somewhat on the frugal side. She is much more conservative with money than I am and we sometimes don't see eye to eye on finances. It will make for interesting discussions as we begin to talk finances and the future.

    I don't have a sense yet of how this will affect my finances. I think there will be some benefits and some drawbacks that will end up canceling each other out when it comes to the bottom line - thats my expectation anyway.

    By Blogger 2million, at 12:34 PM  

  • congratulations!

    By Blogger Adventures In Money Making, at 1:28 AM  

  • Wow!! Congratulations. What a fitting completion for a wonderful holiday!

    By Blogger makingourway, at 3:36 AM  

  • Congrats!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

  • Congratulations!!!

    By Blogger Chitown, at 3:58 PM  

  • Congratulations and good luck on reducing the overheads.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 AM  

  • Congratulations!!! Fantastic news, and fantastic place to propose!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home