2million - My Journey to Financial Freedom

A Personal Finance Blog      ANNOUNCEMENT:2million has moved to www.2millionblog.com.     

Thursday, February 16, 2006

2millionblog's Book Rating Review System

I wanted to take this opportunity to define a book rating system for this blog. I want to be able to convey more than whether a book is good or bad, so I thought I could rate a book on several measures to give you greater insight into the benefit of (or lack there of) reading the book.

I am going to rate each book on a scale from 1 to 5 stars for each measure. I also will try and identify the target audience that will benefit most from the book and those that need not bother with it.

Measures:
-Level of Inspiration: A key measure to me for most personal finance books is the level of inspiration it provides the reader. I think a lot of personal finance books are great at inspiring the reader, but fail to give real world examples (or vise versa).

-For the Financially Savvy: This measure will try and gauge the usefulness or novelty of ideas discussed in this book (I suspect many of this blog's visitors are financially savvy so this measure is for you)

-Expert Insight: I hope this will measure the level of expertise shared by the author in the subject field of the book. For example if the book is about real estate, what level of insider tips or expertise does the author share with the reader.

-Real Life Experiences: A measure of real life examples or practicality of the book. For example, I would say Rich Dad, Poor Dad would rate low in this category because the author rarely talked about actualy examples in his life that helped him build wealth.

This is a work in progress and will probably refine it after I do a couple of reviews. If you have any other suggestions be sure to leave a comment.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home