Carnival of Personal Finance
Welcome to the Carnival of Personal Finance, now in its 48th week!
If this is your 1st time at 2millionblog, you can learn more about this blog, or find a semi-up-to-date index of personal finance articles.
My attempt at having a portion of the carnival focused on a particular personal finance subject manner was a small success, there were several submissions related to the ins and out of 401(k)s.
- Pete at My Financial Awareness looks at the Power of 401(k)s and IRAs.
- Jeff Howard shares some insight on why you should avoid The Evil, Wicked Indirect Rollover to a New Qualified Retirement Plan when changing jobs.
- Penny Nickel at Money and Values talks about a number of Socially Responsible Investment Options that you can pick in your 401(k).
- Vince at Investorial talks about being rich at any age with strategies and tips, including using RSP/RRSPs (similar to 401(k)s in US) to
save for retirement.
Without further ado, here were the remaining submissions to this week's carnival:
Savings & Investing
- Tom at Financial Options give us a Weekly Financial Road Map rundown of upcoming economic indicators including Treasury auctions, announcements, and select earnings reports schedules.
- Bill at Financial Freedom with a Dash of Spirituality enlightens
us at to why Savings is Important.
- Joe at Roth & Company Tax Updates shares a recent tax court decision that could allow day traders to realize more capital
- The Dividend Guy shows us how to Calculate Future Value Using MS Excel.
- Moneywise at The Real Returns presents a Vanguard STAR Fund Performance Analysis.
- Steve at In Cash Flow We Trust asks if you have your freedom fund yet?
- Mbhunter at Mighty Bargain Hunter discuss a new concept, Real Estate Futures.
- FR at Financial Reflections tells us the new way to Own a Home.
- Dan at Searchlight Crusade dispels the myth that refinancing has an effect on property taxes.
- Nubricksoffer some secrets to successfully buying rental property abroad.
- Tom at Digital Breakfast takes a look at Foreclosure Investing - A Look At Morris County, NJ
Credit Card Debt
- Flexo at Consumerism Commentary thinks Americans might not be as bad off with credit card debt as we think.
- Jacob at SuccessMinders has a great article on reducing credit card debt using the DOLP Plan.
- Supermom at Getting Out of Debt present her Online Income Earning Experiment.
- Henry at The Online Lifestyle gives an Introduction to Get Paid For (GPT) Programs.
More Personal Finance
- LAMoneyGuy at It's Just Money wonders What goes through your mind when you read the CNN Millionaire in the Making articles?
- Chris at The Get Rich Project discusses how you can Define Your Goals to help you achieve financial freedom.
- Mike at Mower Mike has an interesting take on jewelers trying to keep up with commodity prices.
- Frugal at My 1st Million At 33 offers some great ID Theft Prevention Tips.
- Frank at InvestorGeeks discusses effective ways for Teaching kids about money and credit.
- Nickel at FiveCentNickel has a great discussion on IRS Rules Regarding No Interest Family Loans.
- JD at Get Rich Slowly tells us why he Loves Community Colleges.
- Dave Lorenzo at Career Intensity writes about Dealing with Naysayers.
- The Family CEO shares their Health Insurance Strategy.
- Laws at Laws of Finance asks What Good is All That Money if You're Not Around to Use It? .
- Henry Stern at InsureBlog gives us insight into the Innerworkings of the Universal Life Insurance Plan.
- Nina over at Queercents talks about when we should discuss Money Matters with our significant others.
- Tricia at Blogging Away Debt shows us Where Her Money Goes.
- NoCreditNeeded show how to get cash from your Upromise Account without using their 529 plans.
- Jeffrey at Personal Finance Advice offers some practical tips for Dining Out Savings.